1. The journey is the best destination.
2. Trust your gut.
3. A hair’s breadth stands between absolute failure and utter success.
4. Don’t plan because zigzag travel reveals the best marvels.
5. Set a huge goal. Even if it’s not reached, it’ll lead to a fabulous journey.
6. You don’t need fancy equipment, just raw enthusiasm.
7. Don’t ever listen to anyone who doesn’t tell you to GO! GO! GO!
8. You arrive home a different person than when you set out.
9. Every moment of a journey contains a lesson.
10. Leave at once.
— From the blog of Tahir Shah